Frequently Asked Question’s
- For travelers that does not have service vehicles, go to the South Bus Terminal located along N. Bacalso St. Cebu City. Travelers with service vehicles can go directly bound to south of Cebu. See Oslob location info.
- Take a Ceres or Sunrays Bus via Oslob.
- For tourist coming from Dumaguete and Bohol, please read our tips here.
If you ride a public bus, tell the bus conductor to drop you off at the Whale Shark Watching briefing area (left side of hi-way). For private vehicles or taxis, you can see lots of roads signs as hint upon entering Oslob and barangay Tan-awan.
- Public Buses – ± 4 hours
- Taxis / Private Vehicles – ± 3 hours
Travel time will depend on the traffic situation in Cebu City, Talisay City, town of Minglanilla, and Carcar city (towns and cities with heavy traffic on rush hours).
Whale shark watching is a rain-or-shine excursion. Operations are suspended when there is a typhoon with a storm signal warning in Oslob or strong winds with unmanageable waves for the boats.
***Updated as of March 23, 2022
Fees for walk-in guests (regulated by the local government unit):
Whale Shark Watching / Snorkeling (1 ticket is good for 30 mins)
- Php 500.00 – inclusive boat ride, mask, and snorkel)
Scuba Diving (1 ticket is good for 1 hour)
- Php 1, 000. 00 – diving gears are not included
Children 3 years old and below are free of charge.
- Php 50 per person entrance fee
Sumilon Island Sandbar
- Php 100 per person marine fee
No, for walk-in guests, first come, first serve basis is followed. You only need to make a reservation from us if you avail of our tour packages.
- All whale shark watchers must undergo orientation at the Briefing Center on the rules for interaction with whale sharks
- No feeding of whale sharks by unauthorized personnel
- Do not touch, ride, or chase a whale shark
- Do not restrict normal movement or behavior of the shark
- Do not use flash photography
- Do not create a splash when entering the water.
- Do not wear sunscreen if you are going to enter the water.
- Motorboats are prohibited in the area. Only paddle boats are allowed.
- Viewing is limited to 30 minutes.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 5m from the head, 6m from the tail (this differs from the 2m from the head, and 5m from the tail stated in the ordinance)
There are no rules that specify on what to wear, as long as you are comfortable with your outfit however swimwear is better especially if you go snorkeling.
- Extra Clothes
- Rash guard or Swim Suit (but not mandatory)
- Underwater Camera
Whale shark watching is a rain or shine excursion so activity must still go on unless waves are huge and unmanageable for the paddle boats.
- Sumilon Island
- Tumalog Falls
- Immaculate Concepcion Church
Our Oslob day tours do not include hotel or resort accommodation (unless specifically stated in the tour package inclusions). However, we can create a custom package including accommodation based on your request.
There are several resorts and hotels in Oslob, try to check our recommended resorts here or search online that fits on your budget.
Yes, there are underwater cameras for rent in the site for Php 500 that includes unlimited photos and tip to the boatman who will take pictures.
Prices shown on our website are updated regularly. We ensure that any price adjustments are reflected on our site immediately. All prices are subject to change.
We can accept deposit payment through any of the following methods:
- Bank Wire Transfer
- Bank deposit through local banks
- GCash, Maya or Coins.ph
- Money Transfer (Transferwise, WorldRemit, Western Union, Xoom, Moneygram M.Lhuillier, Cebuana Lhuillier, Palawan, and etc)
- Online payment through PayPal / Paymongo using credit / debit card (5% charge for this mode of payment)
The outstanding balance can be paid through cash only or through the above methods but must be paid one day prior on the tour date.