Most common FAQ’s that we receive from our guest and walk in tourist. Please look through these questions & answers before contacting us, your question may already be answered.
- For travelers that does not have service vehicles, go to the South Bus Terminal located along N. Bacalso St. Cebu City. Travelers with service vehicles can go directly bound to south of Cebu. See Oslob location info.
- Take a Ceres or Sunrays Bus via Oslob (see Ceres bus schedule). Fare will be:
- Regular buses – Php 149.00
- Airconditioned buses – Php 154.00
- For tourist coming from Dumaguete and Bohol, please read our tips here.
If you ride a public bus, tell the bus conductor to drop you off at the Whale Shark Watching briefing area (left side of hiway). For private vehicles or taxis, you can see lots of roads signs as hint upon entering Oslob and barangay Tan-awan.
- Public Buses – ± 4 hours
- Taxis / Private Vehicles – ± 3 hours
Travel time will depend on the traffic situation in Cebu City, Talisay City, town of Minglanilla and Carcar city (towns and cities with heavier traffic on rush hour).
Whale shark watching is open from 6:00am – 12:30pm everyday for whole year round except on Good Friday.
Fees for walk-in guest (regulated by the local government unit):
- Watching (1 ticket is good for 30 mins)
- Php 300.00 – Local guest (inclusive boat ride)
- Php 500.00 – Foreign guest (inclusive boat ride)
- Snorkeling (1 ticket is good for 30 mins)
- Php 500.00 – Local guest (inclusive boat ride and snorkeling gears)
- Php 1, 000. 00 – Foreign guest (inclusive boat ride and snorkeling gears)
- Scuba Diving (1 ticket is good for 1 hour)
- Php 600.00 – Local guest (diving gears are not included)
- Php 1, 500. 00 – Foreign guest (diving gears are not included)
No for walk in guest, first come first serve basis is followed. You only need to make a reservation from us if you avail our private tour package.
Yes there are few restaurants that offers variety of Filipino dishes and some are foreign cuisine. For room accommodation reservation and rates please click here.
- All whale shark watchers must undergo orientation at the Briefing Center on the rules for interaction with whale sharks
- No feeding of whale sharks by unauthorized personnel
- Do not touch, ride, or chase a whale shark
- Do not restrict normal movement or behavior of the shark
- Do not use flash photography
- Do not create splash when entering the water.
- Do not wear sunscreen if you are going to enter the water.
- Motor boats are prohibited in the area. Only paddle boats are allowed.
- Viewing is limited to 30 minutes
- Maintain a minimum distance of 5m from the head, 6m from the tail (this differs from the 2m from the head, and 5m from the tail stated in the ordinance)
There are no rules that specifies on what to wear, as long as you are comfortable with your outfit however swim wear is better especially if you go snorkeling.
- Extra Clothes
- Rush guard or Swim Suit (but not mandatory)
- Underwater Camera
Our Oslob day tours does not includes hotel or resort accommodation (unless specifically stated in the tour package inclusions). However, we can create a custom package including accommodation based on your request.
Yes, there are underwater cameras for rent in the site for P500 that includes unlimited photos and tip to the boat man who will take pictures.
Prices shown on our website are updated regularly. We ensure that any price adjustments are reflected on our site immediately. All prices are subject to change.
We can accept deposit payment through any of the following methods:
- Bank Wire Transfer
- Bank Deposit through Bank Of The Philippine Islands or Unionbank of the Philippines
- Money Transfer (Western Union, Xoom, Moneygram M.Lhuillier, Cebuana Lhuillier and etc)
- Online payment through PayPal or Credit card (5% charge for this mode of payment)
Outstanding balance can be paid through cash only or through above methods but must be paid 1 day prior on the tour date.